-->
With my resolution to read more (and also to break the awful habit which I have of starting a book only to leave it lying around unfinished..) well and truly underway, one of the tomes which I've found myself regularly reaching for since the start of the year is #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso, a no holds barred, fierce as you like look at Amoruso's journey from serial job hopper to owner of Nasty Gal- one of the most successful start-up online businesses of recent years. Refreshingly honest, funny and full of wonderful pearls of wisdom, it's a real page turner and something which I've found pretty impossible to put down...


#GIRLBOSS is not only a really fun read, but it's also something which made me laugh out loud at the turn of almost every page. Sophia Amoruso's candid humour and frank firsthand insight gives this book so much character- something which is completely infectious and left me with a grin on my face whenever I picked it up. That's not to say that it's not without moments of pathos- the great thing about this first person account is that it affords a really emotive insight into the sheer bloodymindedness, hard work and determination required to make Nasty Gal so phenomenally successful.

Punctuated with punchy advice from Amoruso and her fellow #GIRLBOSSES, this is a book which also does wonders for kick starting your motivational mojo. With pithy, memorable mantras like 'be your own idol' and 'treat your mind like your money- don't waste it' ringing in your ears long after you've turned the final page, it's definitely an inspirational read- and one which I know I'll be returning to when I need a pep talk. The beauty of Amoruso's succinct, conversational writing is that you feel like you're engaged in a chat with her whenever you pick #GIRLBOSS up- and the positive, can do attitude which runs across each page is completely infectious. So, if you're determined to do something radical this year, or are just looking for something to get your mind into kickass mode, then #GIRLBOSS is definitely a great tool to see you started in seriously sassy style. Founded on gut feeling, instinctive insight and the feel the fear and do it anyway motto, it's definitely helped me to turn down that annoying little voice in the back of my mind which so often talks me out of doing things- and I know it seems silly to call a book life changing, but the lessons of #GIRLBOSS are just that. After all, 'a #GIRLBOSS is in charge of her own life. She gets what she wants because she works for it.'

Have you read #GIRLBOSS? What did you think?


(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)
Os-Ads
كاتب المقالة
كاتب ومحرر اخبار اعمل في موقع مجلتنا .

جديد قسم : Sophia Amoruso

إرسال تعليق